- 4 ounce pancetta, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large white onion, minced
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- 2 carrots, diced
- 2 pound 93% lean ground turkey
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 2 – 28 ounce cans crushed tomatoes
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup half & half cream
- Salt & pepper
- In a large deep pan, sauté pancetta on low heat until the fat melts, about 4-5 minutes. Add olive oil, onions, celery and carrots and cook on medium-low heat until soft, about 5 minutes.
- Increase flame to medium-high; add meat, season with salt and pepper and sauté until browned. Drain the fat then add wine; cook until it reduces down, about 3-4 minutes.
- Add to crock pot. Add tomatoes, bay leaves, salt and pepper; cover and set slow cooker to low 6 hours.
- After the 6 hours, adjust salt and pepper to taste, add half & half and parsley; stir and serve over your favorite pasta.