- 2 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon reduced sodium taco seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 cup canned black beans, rinsed
- 1 cup chunky salsa
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
For the Salad
- 6 cups chopped romaine or red leaf
- 1/4 cup reduced fat Mexican cheese blend
- 1/2 cup avocado buttermilk dressing
- Place the chicken in the slow cooker and season with taco seasoning and cumin. Pour the beans over the chicken and top with salsa.
- Cover and cook on low for 4 hours, or until the chicken is tender and easily shreds with 2 forks. Shred the chicken and combine with the beans and sauce, keep warm until ready to eat.
- To make the salad, place 1 1/2 cups lettuce on each plate, top with 3/4 cup chicken and bean mixture, 1 tablespoon cheese and 2 tablespoons avocado buttermilk dressing.
Avocado Buttermilk Dressing
- 3/4 cup low-fat buttermilk
- 1 small jalapeno, seeds removed
- 1/4 cup of fresh cilantro
- 1 medium avocado
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 tablespoon chopped scallion
- juice of 1 lime
- 1/8 teaspoon cumin
- Salt & pepper
- Combine all the ingredients in a food processor or blender and blend until smooth.
- For a thinner dressing add more buttermilk, for a thicker dip use less.