- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 onion, halved and divided
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 8 whole wheat tortillas
- 3 cups salsa verde, jarred or homemade
- ½ cup reduced fat Mexican cheese blend
- 1 jalapeño, sliced
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Place the chicken breasts in a stock pot along with 1⁄2 an onion and salt and cover with water. Bring to a boil and simmer until cooked through, about 20 minutes.
- Remove chicken from the water and let cool slightly. Shred chicken with two forks and set aside.
- Mince the remaining onion and add to the shredded chicken.
- Place tortillas on a microwave safe dish and microwave 40 to 50 seconds to make them pliable. Keep them covered with a dish cloth to stay warm, then working one by one dip each warm tortilla in green salsa. Scoop two rounded tablespoons into each tortilla and roll tightly and place in a large casserole dish, seam side down, in a single layer. Repeat with the remaining tortillas and chicken.
- Drench entire pan with 1 cup sauce and sprinkle with Mexican cheese blend.
- Bake, covered in oven for 25 to 30 minutes. Remove from oven and serve with sliced jalapeños.