- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoons paprika
- 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 large white onion, sliced
- 1 large red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 large yellow bell pepper, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups less-sodium chicken broth
- 1 10-ounce can Diced Tomatoes & Green Chiles
- 7 ounces pasta (I used whole wheat pasta!)
- 1/2 cup light sour cream
- 1 avocado, diced
- Season chicken with 1 teaspoon cumin, 1/2 teaspoon paprika, 1/4 teaspoon chili powder and 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder. In a large deep nonstick skillet, heat 1 teaspoon olive oil over high heat. When the oil is very hot, add the chicken and cook until browned, stirring about 5 to 6 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium, add the remaining teaspoon of olive oil to the skillet. When the oil is hot, add the onions, bell peppers, and remaining 1/2 teaspoon cumin, 1/2 teaspoon paprika, 1/4 teaspoon chili powder and 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder. Add minced garlic, and stir until fragrant and well combined, about 30 seconds.
- In the same skillet, add the broth, diced tomatoes and uncooked pasta. Stir to combine and bring to a boil, then cover, reduce heat to medium-low, and cook until pasta is tender and liquid is absorbed. Add the chicken and veggies back into the skillet and stir. Mix in the sour cream and top with avocados.