- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut to bite size pieces
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- Olive oil spray
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 small onion, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon chipotle pepper in adobo
- 1 lime, juiced
- Sat & pepper
Avocado Crema Ingredients
- 1/4 cup low fat sour cream
- 1 avocado
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro leaves
- ½ small jalapeno pepper, seeds removed
- 1 small garlic clove
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- Salt & pepper
- Heat large non-stick skillet over medium high heat. Spray with olive oil spray, add chicken breasts and brown, 4-5 minutes. Remove chicken from pan and set aside on a plate.
- Reduce heat to medium, add oil and onions and sauté, scraping brown bits with a wooden spoon, about 3 minutes. Add garlic and sauté 30 seconds. Add tomato sauce, chicken broth, cumin, chipotle pepper and adobo sauce, stir and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium low, return chicken to pan, cover and cook 8-10 minutes. Add lime juice.
- Meanwhile, to make the avocado cream combine all sauce ingredients in a small blender and process until smooth and uniform in color.
- Top with avocado crema.