- 2 small spaghetti squash
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, sliced into thin strips
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 10 ounce can enchilada sauce
- 1 cup part-skim shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 1 avocado, blended
- 1 cup red cabbage, sliced for garnish
- Salt & pepper
- Preheat oven to 400F degrees. Cut the squash in half lengthwise, and use a spoon to scrape out the seeds and soft yellow strands. Brush the inside of the squash with 2 teaspoons of olive oil and sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper. Place the squash facedown on the baking sheet and bake for 45-50 minutes or until the flesh easily pierces with a fork.
- Heat large non-stick skillet over medium high heat. Spray with olive oil spray, add chicken breasts and brown, 4-5 minutes. Add enchilada sauce and mix.
- Once the squash is cool enough to handle, use a fork to scrape the inside so the strands appear. Spoon enough of the chicken and sauce mixture inside each squash bowl until almost full.
- Top evenly with the cheese and transfer them to the oven and bake another 15 minutes until the cheese is melted and the sauce is hot
- Top with avocado and red cabbage.