- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, sliced into thin strips
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 serrano chile, seeded and minced
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 3 cups fresh basil leaves
- Cooked jasmine rice, optional for serving
- In a bowl marinate the chicken with soy sauce.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, when hot add the oil, garlic and chili and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Increase the heat to high and add the chicken and cook, stirring until just cooked through, about 4 minutes. Add the basil and cook until wilted, about 1 minute.
- Serve over rice.