- 1 teaspoon olive oil, divided
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 pound 93% ground turkey
- 1/3 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 3 tablespoons fat free milk
- 3/4 cups water
- 1/2 cup light sour cream
- 2 tablespoon all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons beef Bouillon (I used Better Than Bouillon!)
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 8 ounces sliced Cremini mushrooms
- Salt & pepper
- Heat a large nonstick; sauté the onions over medium heat until golden, stirring 2 to 3 minutes. Remove and divide in two.
- In a large bowl, combine half of the sautéed onions with the ground turkey, panko crumbs, egg and milk. Gently shape into 20 meatballs.
- In a blender combine the water, sour cream, flour, tomato paste, boullion and paprika, blend until smooth.
- Heat the skillet, add the oil and brown half of the meatballs without disturbing about 2 minutes, turn and brown an additional 2 minutes, set aside on a dish and repeat with remaining meatballs.
- Place all the meatballs and remaining onion into a large saucepan and pour the sauce over the meatballs along with the mushrooms.
- Add 2 tablespoons of water, bring to a boil then cook covered on low 20 to 25 minutes.
- Serve over your favorite noodles (I served over whole wheat egg noodles!)