- 1 cup brown rice or pasta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 small plum tomatoes, halved lengthwise
- 1 small bunch kale, thick stems removed
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 15-ounce can chickpeas, rinsed
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Cook the rice or pasta according to the package directions.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the tomatoes, cut-side down, and cook, shaking the pan occasionally, until browned and starting to soften, 3 to 5 minutes; turn and cook for 1 minute more. Transfer to a plate.
- Reduce heat to medium and add the kale, garlic, and 2 tablespoons water to the skillet. Cook, tossing, until the kale wilts, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Return the tomatoes to the skillet, add the chickpeas and lemon juice, and toss until heated through, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Serve over rice or pasta.