- 4 medium sweet potatoes, washed and dried
- 1/2 pound 93% lean ground beef
- 1/3 cup chopped carrot
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1/3 cup chopped mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons chopped red bell pepper
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 8 ounce can tomato sauce
- 2 teaspoons tomato paste
- 1/3 cup water
- Cook the sweet potatoes by poking holes all over with a fork, then cook in microwave 7 to 10 minutes or until tender.
- Heat a medium skillet over medium high heat. Add the meat to the pan and cook, breaking it up into small pieces. Add the onion, garlic, carrots, mushrooms and red peppers to the skillet. Reduce heat to medium and add red wine vinegar, cook 4 to 5 minutes. Add tomato sauce, paste and water to the skillet, stir to combine. Cover and reduce heat to simmer and cook until carrots are tender, about 15 to 20 minutes.
- To serve, cut sweet potatoes open and fill with 1/2 cup of meat.