- 2 cups whole wheat or gluten free any shape pasta, uncooked
- 1 cup pasta water
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, extra virgin
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoon pesto, divided
- 2 cups grape tomatoes, cut in halves
- 4 cups small broccoli florets
- 1/3 cup sun dried tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1/8 teaspoon or more red pepper flakes
- Salt & pepper
- Cook pasta as per package instructions, reserve 1 cup of pasta water, drain and set aside.
- While pasta is cooking, get all ingredients ready. Preheat large deep skillet on medium heat and add olive oil and garlic. Sauté for 30 seconds, stirring frequently. Add 1 tablespoon pesto, tomatoes and stir. Cook for 1 – 2 minutes and stir again. Cook another 1 – 2 minutes. Move to one side of the skillet and make sure the empty side of is positioned directly over heat. Add 1 tablespoon pesto and broccoli, stir and cook for 4 minutes, stirring once.
- Remove skillet from heat and add remaining 1/4 cup pesto, sun dried tomatoes, salt, black pepper, red pepper flakes, pasta and pasta water. Stir gently and let flavors marinate for a few minutes. Add Parmesan cheese in.
- Garnish with Parmesan cheese.