- 4-5 large flour tortillas, wheat
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1-8 ounce can tomato sauce
- 1 cup shredded cheddar
- Taco toppings like lettuce, tomatoes and guacamole (I used my homemade guacamole recipe- Check out the recipe on my blog)
- Salt & pepper
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Lightly grease two muffin tins. Cut 4-inch circles (using a cookie cutter or a round shape, like a lid, you can cut around with a knife) from the tortillas. You’ll need about 16. Nestle one tortilla in each muffin tin, pressing the tortilla into the bottom and corners of the tin.
- In a large skillet, cook the ground turkey, over medium heat, breaking up the meat into small pieces, until cooked through 5-8 minutes. Drain any excess grease. Stir in the chili powder, cumin and tomato sauce. Bring the mixture to a simmer and cook for 3-5 minutes.
- Scoop a spoonful of meat and sauce into each tortilla cup. Top with a sprinkle of cheese. Bake for 10-12 minutes until the tortillas are lightly golden around the edge and the filling is hot.
- Serve with any taco toppings of your choice.