- 14 ounces extra-firm tofu, preferably water-packed
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 medium tomatoes, coarsely chopped (about 1½ cups)
- 1½ cups sliced mushrooms, (4 ounces)
- 2 tablespoons prepared pesto
- 2 tablespoons crumbled feta cheese
- Drain and rinse tofu; pat dry. Slice the block crosswise into eight pieces. Coarsely crumble each slice into smaller, uneven pieces.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over high heat. Add tofu and cook in a single layer until the pieces begin to turn golden brown on the bottom, about 5 minutes. Then continue cooking until all sides are golden brown, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and mushrooms and cook, stirring, until the vegetables are just cooked, 1 to 2 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in pesto and feta.
- Serve over pasta or rice.