- 1 spaghetti squash
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 head broccoli, chopped
- 1 tablespoon dried Italian herb seasoning
- 1 1/2 cups chopped tomato
- 3/4 cup crumbled goat cheese
- 2 pounds Italian chicken sausage
- Over medium-high heat in a large skillet, sauté meat and season with salt and pepper. Use a wooden spoon to break the meat up into small pieces until no longer pink. Set aside.
- Pierce the shell of the spaghetti squash with a fork and place in a microwave-safe dish; cook in microwave on High for 12 minutes. Set aside to cook until cool enough to handle. Slice in half lengthwise; remove the seeds. Use a fork to pull the flesh of the squash away from the shell and place into a large bowl.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Cook and stir the onion for about 3 minutes. Add the garlic and continue cooking and stirring another 3 minutes. Stir the red pepper and broccoli into the mixture; season with the Italian herb seasoning and black pepper. Pour the tomatoes into the skillet. Continue cooking just until the tomatoes are warmed, 3 to 5 minutes. Add the squash to the skillet and toss until evenly mixed.
- Top with the goat cheese and toss again to serve.