- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3/4 cup arborio rice
- 1/4 cup white wine, such as Pinot Grigio
- 2 cups chicken broth, divided
- 2 cups asparagus
- 3 chicken sausage links, sliced 1/4-in thick
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt & pepper
- In a large saucepan over medium-high heat, heat butter until hot. Sauté onion and garlic until tender. Stir in rice and stir occasionally until rice is evenly coated with butter. Remove pan from heat and slowly whisk in white wine to deglaze pan.
- Return rice to medium-high heat and cook stirring occasionally until liquid is absorbed. Pour 1/2 cup chicken broth into pan, and stir occasionally until liquid is absorbed, about 7 minutes. Continue adding chicken broth 1/2 cup at a time using the same method until all the chicken broth is used and rice is tender and creamy.
- Stir asparagus, sausage, Parmesan, and remaining 1 tablespoon butter into risotto and gently heat through until sausage is warm and asparagus is cooked.