For the Taquitos
- 2 cups shredded chicken (I used rotisserie chicken!)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 1 cup shredded cheddar or Mexican blend cheese
- 20 corn tortillas
For the Toppings
- Shredded red cabbage
- Diced tomatoes
- Guacamole (The recipe is on my blog!)
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Spray a large baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine the shredded chicken with the cumin, chili powder, salt, garlic powder, paprika, and fresh lime juice. Stir until chicken is well coated with the seasonings. Stir in the shredded cheese.
- Get two paper towels damp and place two tortillas at a time in between the paper towels. Place in the microwave for 20-30 seconds. Remove from the microwave and roll up the taquitos.
- Place a big tablespoon of the chicken and cheese mixture in the center of the tortilla and roll it up tightly. Place the taquitos, seam side down on the prepared baking sheet. Continue rolling taquitos until the tortillas and filling are gone. You should have about 20 taquitos.
- Spray the taquitos generously with nonstick cooking spray. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until taquitos are golden brown and crispy.
- Remove from the oven and serve with desired toppings.