- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 sweet potatoes, diced
- ½ cup tomato sauce
- Crushed red pepper to taste
- 2 big bell peppers cut in half
- Guacamole (The recipe is on my blog!)
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a skillet, heat olive oil over medium high heat. Add ground turkey and garlic. Stir occasionally and cook for about 10 minutes or until the meat is not pink any more. Make sure to break apart the meat with a wood spoon as it cooks.
- Add onions and cook until onions are gold brown.
- Add the sweet potato, cover the skillet and cook until they are tender. It is about 8 minutes. Add tomato sauce, chili pepper, salt and pepper to taste. If necessary, add more olive oil or a little bit of water to cook the sweet potato.
- Fill each bell pepper halve with the ground turkey-sweet potato mix.
- Bake uncovered for about 30 minutes, or until the peppers are cooked and soft.
- Remove from the oven and garnish with guacamole.