- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 ounces shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 medium zucchini, sliced
- 10 ounce spicy chicken sausage
- ½ teaspoon basil
- ½ teaspoon thyme
- ½ teaspoon oregano
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- ½ cup chicken broth
- 2 large cloves garlic, minced
- Salt & pepper
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large skillet over high heat. Add shrimp to skillet and cook shrimp, stirring often, about 5 minutes. Transfer shrimp to a plate.
- Add 1 tablespoon olive oil to skillet and sauté onion until translucent. Add peppers and sausage, cover and cook for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add zucchini and minced garlic to the skillet and stir. Add tomato paste and chicken broth, and stir everything. Season with salt, pepper and spices. Cook for another 5 – 7 minutes until the sauce is thickened and vegetables are tender.
- Add shrimp and cook for another 3 minutes until the flavors are fully incorporated.
- Serve over rice, pasta, zoodles or spaghetti squash.