- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-14 ounce packages fresh spinach
- 3-14 ounce cans petite diced tomatoes
- 3 chicken bouillon cubes
- 1 pinch sugar
- Salt & pepper
- Wash spinach, place in a large pot and fill a quarter of the way with water. Bring to a boil and press down spinach, as it wilts, into boiling water. Cover for 5 minutes then drain and remove most of the water. .
- Heat olive oil in medium saucepan; cook diced onion and garlic 5 -7 minutes just until translucent.
- Add diced tomatoes, bouillon cubes, basil, pinch of sugar and Salt and pepper to saucepan.
- Bring to just a boil than lower heat to medium low and cook for 20 minutes.
- During the last 5 minutes of cooking pasta add the spinach to your tomato sauce.
- Serve over pasta, zoodles or spaghetti squash.