- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons chopped shallots
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, ends trimmed, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked Arborio rice
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- 1 cup diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated lemon zest
- Melt butter in a 4-quart saucepan over medium heat. Add shallots and asparagus. Cook 4-5 minutes or until asparagus is crisply tender and shallots are softened. Remove vegetables from pan. Set aside.
- Place rice into pan; stir until well-coated. Cook 1 minute; add wine. Continue cooking, stirring occasionally, until wine is absorbed. Add stock 1/2 cup at a time, stirring occasionally after each addition, until liquid is absorbed.
- Stir in cooked vegetables, tomatoes, Parmesan cheese. Add lemon zest.