- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoon chili powder
- 3 cups Shredded chicken
- 1 1/3 cups red enchilada sauce, divided
- 4 large zucchini, halved lengthwise
- 1 cup shredded monterey jack
- 1 cup shredded cheddar
- Preheat oven to 350º. In a large skillet over medium heat, heat oil. Add onion and season with salt. Cook until soft, 5 minutes then add garlic, cumin and chili powder and stir until combined. Add shredded chicken and 1 cup enchilada sauce and stir until saucy.
- Use a Y-shaped vegetable peeler to make thin slices of zucchini. Lay out three, slightly overlapping, and place a spoonful of chicken mixture on top. Roll up and transfer to a baking dish. Repeat with remaining zucchini and chicken mixture.
- Spoon remaining 1/3 cup enchilada sauce over zucchini enchiladas and sprinkle with both cheeses.
- Bake until melted about 20 minutes.
- Garnish with guacamole (Check out my guacamole recipe on my blog!)