- 1/2 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 jalapeno, minced
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 tomato, diced
- 12 ounces peeled shrimp, chopped
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped cilantro
- 3/4 cup shredded pepper jack cheese
- 12 corn tortillas
- olive oil spray
- Guacamole (Check out the recipe on my blog!)
- Red-cabbage & mango slaw (Check out the recipe on my blog!)
- In a large skillet over medium heat, sauté the onion, garlic and jalapeno in oil until soft. Add the tomatoes and cook 3 to 4 minutes. Add the shrimp and 1/4 teaspoon salt and cilantro and cook medium high heat 1 minute.
- Preheat the oven to 400F. Line a large nonstick baking sheets with foil and spray with oil.
- Place 3 to 4 tortillas between two paper towels and microwave 30 seconds until they are warm. Continue to do this in batches. Place a tortilla on a dry work surface and then spread about 3 tablespoons of shrimp filling onto the tortilla and top with 1 tablespoon of cheese. Roll the tortilla up, place it on the prepared baking sheet, seam side down. Repeat with the remaining shrimp, spray the tops with oil and salt then bake until tortillas get golden and crispy, about 15 minutes.