- 1 large eggplant
- 1 tablespoons olive oil
- 12-ounce fat free ricotta
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons Pecorino Romano
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 medium egg
- 1 ball fresh mozzarella, sliced
- 3 cups homemade tomato sauce (Check out my recipe on my blog!)
- Salt & pepper
- Start by making the sauce if you don’t have any already made.
- While the sauce simmers, slice the eggplant into 1/4-inch-thick slices. Lay on paper towels to soak up any extra moisture.
- Preheat oven to 450°.
- Brush eggplant lightly with olive oil on both sides and place on cookie sheets. Bake for 20-25 minutes, turning half way through.
- In a medium bowl combine ricotta, egg, parsley and 1/4 cup of grated cheese.
- In a 9×12 baking dish, put a little sauce on the bottom of the dish and put a layer of eggplant to cover the bottom of the dish. Top with 1/3 of the ricotta cheese mixture, mozzarella cheese and sauce. Add another layer of eggplant and repeat until everything is used up. Top with sauce and the mozzarella cheese and the remaining grated cheese.
- Cover with foil and bake until cheese is melted and everything is bubbling, about 30 minutes at 400°.
- Remove foil and bake an additional 8-10 minutes.