- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 limes, juiced
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 pound peeled and deveined extra-large shrimp
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 3/4 tsp turmeric
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 1/8 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- Salt & pepper
- Red-cabbage & mango slaw (Check out the recipe on my blog!)
- Combine shrimp with the salt, turmeric, crushed red pepper flakes and cumin.
- In a large deep nonstick sauté pan over medium-high heat, add 1/2 teaspoon of olive oil, and cook half of the shrimp 1 1/2 to 2 minutes on each side, until shrimp is cooked. Set aside, add the remaining 1/2 teaspoon of oil and remaining shrimp and cook until shrimp is cooked adding the crushed garlic the last minute. Return all the shrimp to the skillet, stir to combine with garlic. Remove from heat, squeeze lime over shrimp and toss with cilantro.
- Add over rice or salad top with red cabbage and mango slaw.