- 4 small chicken breasts, boneless, skinless
- ¼ cup almond or coconut flour
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 small yellow onion, sliced
- ½ pound button mushrooms, chopped
- 4 small yellow squash, chopped bite-size
- 2 tablespoons + 1 teaspoons coconut, or olive oil
- ½ cup low sodium chicken broth
- ½ cup coconut cream
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a large skillet over medium-high. Salt and pepper each side of the chicken breasts and dredge in the almond flour. Place the chicken breasts in the hot skillet. Cook for 3-4 minutes on each side, or until it is cooked. Remove chicken from the skillet and set aside.
- In the same pan, heat 1 teaspoon oil then add onions, mushrooms, and squash. Sauté until golden, about 5 minutes. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Turn the heat to medium-low. Add broth & cream. Bring the sauce to a boil and return to medium-low heat. Add spinach, & let the sauce gently bubble for about 3-4 minutes. Slice cooked chicken breasts and add back into the pan along with all the pre-cooked veggies. Combine gently, cover and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Serve with pasta, rice, zoodles or spaghetti squash.