- 2 medium acorn squash, halved down the middle, seeds removed
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 3 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 8 ounces hot Italian turkey sausage, casings removed
- 1 large leek, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 4 cups kale
- 1/3 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 tablespoons grated fresh Parmesan
- 2 tablespoons panko breadcrumbs
- Salt & pepper
- Heat oven to 375°. Cut a thin slice off round side of each squash half to create a stable base. Sprinkle with salt and pepper; coat with cooking spray. Place squash flesh side down on a baking sheet lined with aluminum foil; bake until golden and tender, 30 minutes. Remove from oven; flip squash and set aside. Heat broiler.
- In a large nonstick skillet over medium heat, heat 1 teaspoon oil. Add sausage; cook until brown. Add remaining 2 teaspoons oil and leek; cook until leek is soft. Add garlic, kale and broth. Cover and cook until kale is tender, 5 minutes; stir in sausage.
- Divide kale-sausage filling among squash. In a bowl, combine walnuts, Parmesan and panko; sprinkle over squash bowls and coat with cooking spray.
- Broil until panko is golden, 2 minutes.