- 1 cup cauliflower, riced
- ½ cup or 2.6 oz. mixed bell peppers, diced
- 1 teaspoon scallions, diced
- ½ teaspoon garlic, fresh, minced
- ½ tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro
- 3-ounce shrimp, peeled and deveined
- ¼ teaspoon low sodium fajita seasoning mix
- 1 avocado, sliced
- Prepare cauliflower rice in a food processor, pulsing until a rice-like texture is achieved.
- Dice the bell pepper and scallions, and mince garlic.
- Heat ¾ teaspoons of olive oil in a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Once the pan is hot, add the garlic, scallions and peppers, sautéing until the peppers are slightly softened. Next, add the cauliflower rice to the pan and sauté, stirring occasionally, for an additional 4 to 5 minutes.
- Remove the cauliflower rice from the heat and transfer it to a serving bowl. Stir in the lime juice and fresh cilantro. Set it aside.
- In a small bowl, season the shrimp by mixing it with the fajita seasoning mix until its well combined.
- Heat the remaining olive oil in the same skillet as the cauliflower rice and heat it over a medium-high heat. Add the seasoned shrimp and cook it for about 2 minutes on each side. Remove the shrimp from heat and place it on top of cauliflower rice bowl.
- Garnish with avocado.