- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 28-ounce cans diced tomatoes
- 1 32-ounce container vegetable broth
- ¼ cup chopped fresh basil
- ½ cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 9-ounce packages fresh or frozen cheese tortellini
- Grated Parmesan cheese and fresh basil, for garnish
- Salt & pepper
- In a large pot, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook until tender, about 5 minutes. Stir in the bay leaves.
- Add the diced tomatoes and vegetable broth. Stir in fresh basil and season with salt and pepper, to taste. Simmer on low for 15 minutes.
- Remove the bay leaves from the pot. Use a hand immersion blender to blend the soup. Stir in the Greek yogurt until well combined. Stir in the cheese tortellini and cook on medium-low until tortellini is cooked, about 7-8 minutes.