- 3 pounds zucchini 2 to 3 inches in diameter – for making the “zoodles”
- 1 head of cauliflower broken into large florets
- 2 carrots peeled
- 8-ounce crimini mushrooms cleaned and stems trimmed
- 1 medium yellow onion halved or quartered
- 3 cloves garlic peeled
- 2 28-ounce cans crushed tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- Salt & pepper
- In a food processor, pulse the cauliflower, carrots, mushrooms, onions, and garlic until they are all pulsed into very fine pieces.
- Add the shredded vegetables to a large, deep nonstick or cast-iron skillet on medium-high heat.
- Sauté the vegetables until they reduce in volume and the water is mostly cooked out.
- Add the salt, dried herbs, and crushed tomatoes.
- Bring to a simmer, then reduce to low, stirring occasionally for 10-15 minutes, or until warmed through and slightly reduced.
- Serve over pasta, spaghetti squash or zoodles.