- 4 medium zucchinis, trimmed
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 cup packed fresh basil leaves
- ¼ cup unsalted shelled pistachios
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil plus 2 tablespoons, divided
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1-pound raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 teaspoons Old Bay seasoning
- Salt & pepper
- Using a spiral vegetable slicer or a vegetable peeler, cut zucchini lengthwise into long, thin strands or strips. Stop when you reach the seeds in the middle. Place the zucchini “noodles” in a colander and toss with ½ teaspoon salt. Let drain for 15 to 30 minutes, then gently squeeze to remove any excess water.
- Meanwhile, combine avocado, basil, pistachios, lemon juice, pepper and the remaining ¼ teaspoon salt in a food processor. Pulse until finely chopped. Add ¼ cup oil and process until smooth.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic and cook, stirring, for 30 seconds. Add shrimp and sprinkle with Old Bay; cook, stirring occasionally, until the shrimp is almost cooked through.
- Add the remaining 1 tablespoon oil to the pan. Add the drained zucchini noodles and gently toss until hot. Add the pesto and gently toss to combine.