For the meatballs
- 2 pounds lean ground turkey
- 1 cup whole wheat panko breadcrumbs
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup green onions, chopped
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
For the sauce
- ¼ cup Sriracha
- 3 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 3 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, mix together turkey, breadcrumbs, eggs, green onions, garlic powder and salt/pepper until well combined. Shape mixture into 1½-inch balls (you’ll make roughly 40 balls) and place spaced apart on prepared baking sheets lightly sprayed with cooking spray.
- Bake meatballs for 20 to 25 minutes, or until browned and cooked through.
- While the meatballs are baking, combine all the ingredients for the sauce in a small saucepan and bring to a boil over medium heat, whisking continuously. Reduce heat and simmer for 8 to 10 minutes (the sauce will start to thicken) then toss with the meatballs.
- Serve immediately over rice, vegetables, and top with sesame seeds.