- 15 ounce can pumpkin puree
- olive oil cooking spray
- 16 ounce cauliflower florets
- 16 ounce quartered Brussels sprouts
- 1 ½ teaspoons olive oil
- ¾ teaspoon kosher salt
- 12 ounces gluten-free or wheat rotini pasta
- 1 ½ tablespoons butter
- ¼ cup minced onion
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ cups fat free milk
- 1 cup reduced sodium vegetable broth
- 5 ounces fresh grated sharp light cheddar (I used Cabot!)
- 4 ounces fresh grated gouda
- 2 tablespoons fresh grated parmesan
- pinch nutmeg
- Salt & pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400°. Line 2 large baking sheets with aluminum foil, and coat with olive oil spray.
- Toss cauliflower and Brussels sprouts with olive oil, and season with salt. Spread on the prepared baking sheet.
- Baked for 30-35 minutes and remove the vegetables from the oven.
- While vegetables roast, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting fat and salt. Drain, and set aside.
- Over medium heat melt the butter. Add the onion and cook over low heat about 2 minutes, add flour and cook another minute, or until the flour is golden and well combined. Add milk and broth and whisk, raising heat to medium-high until it comes to a boil; cook about 4 to 5 minutes until it thickens slightly. Season with 3/4 teaspoon salt, nutmeg and pepper.
- Once it begins to thicken, stir in pumpkin and cook until heated through, about 2 minutes. Remove from heat, add cheeses and parmesan and mix well until melted. Add the cooked rotini and mix well, fold in the roasted vegetables.