- 9 ounce package cheese tortellini
- 8 ounce Brussels sprouts
- 4 ounce kale
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium onion
- 1-2 cubes vegetable flavoring cubes
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 ounce parmesan cheese, grated
- Salt & pepper
- Prep the ingredients by trimming, halving, and thinly slicing the Brussels sprouts into shreds. Remove the ribs and stems from the kale, and then thinly slice the leaves. Mince or grate the garlic. Halve, peel, and finely dice the onion.
- Heat the olive oil in a large pot set over medium heat. Add the onion to the pot and cook, stirring for 4-5 minutes, until softened. Add the Brussels sprouts and garlic to the pot and cook, tossing, for 4-5 minutes, until soft and slightly caramelized.
- Add 5 cups water and the stock concentrates to the pot. Bring to a boil, then add the kale and tortellini to the pot. Cook for 4-5 minutes, until the tortellini and the kale are tender.
- Stir half the parmesan into the soup.