- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 pound ground Italian Sausage
- ½ cup diced onion
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1-28 ounce can crushed tomatoes
- 1-32. ounce box of vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped basil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1 9-ounce package refrigerated tortellini
- 2 cups packed fresh spinach
- Heat a large, heavy bottomed pan over medium-high heat. Heat vegetable oil and add diced onion. Sauté until onions are soft.
- Crumble Italian Sausage and garlic with the onion. Cook until sausage is no longer pink.
- Stir in crushed tomatoes, vegetable broth, basil, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, and cover. Let soup simmer for 20-30 minutes.
- Add tortellini and spinach and simmer for about ten minutes, until pasta is tender.
- Serve with shredded Parmesan.