- 1 pound ground chicken or turkey, browned
- 1 brown onion, chopped
- 2 large carrot, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 2 teaspoon chicken bouillon powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 4 cups chicken broth (I used low sodium!)
- ¼ cup cornstarch mixed and dissolved in ¼ cup water
- 12-ounce half and half
- 12 ounce packet three cheese tortellini
- 5 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1 cup milk
- Place the browned chicken or turkey, onion, carrots, celery, garlic, Italian seasoning, chicken bouillon powder, salt, and broth in a slow cooker bowl. Cover and cook on high for 4 hours or low for 7 hours.
- Uncover and skim any fat that is sitting on the top of the soup with a spoon; discard. Stir in the cornstarch mixture with the half and half. Add the tortellini and mix well. Cover again and cook on high heat setting for a further 45 minutes until the soup has thickened, and the tortellini is soft and cooked through.
- Add in the spinach, pressing the leaves down to completely submerse into the liquid. Cover again for a further 5-10 minutes until the leaves have wilted.
- Pour in milk, and stir.