- 2 peeled sweet potato, cut into one inch cubes
- ½ cup whole milk
- 4 cups chopped kale leaves removed from stems
- 1 package of Boursin cheese – Garlic and Herbs flavor
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Macintosh apple, for topping
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and place in sweet potatoes. Boil uncovered until soft, about 10 minutes. Drain potatoes in a colander and leave in colander while you prepare the rest of the dish.
- Using the same pot that you used to cook the potatoes, pour in milk, and add chopped kale leaves and Boursin cheese. Bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and cook 5-6 minutes covered or until kale has wilted and is slightly tender. Add salt and pepper, stir and remove from heat.
- Add the potatoes to the kale mixture and mash with a potato masher, adding more milk if needed for proper consistency.
- Top with Macintosh apple.