- 8 cups chicken stock
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ cup finely chopped yellow onion
- 3 cups Arborio rice
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 6 large, thin slices prosciutto
- 1 bunch arugula, stemmed
- Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese for serving
- Salt & pepper
- In a saucepan over medium heat, bring the stock to a gentle simmer and maintain over low heat.
- In a sauté pan or large, heavy saucepan over medium heat, warm the olive oil. Add the onion and sauté until softened, about 4 minutes. Add the rice and stir until each grain is well coated with oil and translucent with a white dot in the center, about 3 minutes. Add the wine and stir until it is completely absorbed.
- Add the simmering stock a ladleful at a time, stirring frequently after each addition. Wait until the stock is almost completely absorbed before adding the next ladleful. Reserve ¼ cup stock to add at the end.
- When the rice is tender, after about 20 minutes, remove from the heat and stir in the butter and the reserved ¼ cup stock. Season with salt and pepper.
- Line warmed shallow individual bowls with prosciutto slices. Top with the risotto, arugula, and Parmigiano cheese.