- 1 yellow onion
- 2 pounds chicken thighs, skin removed
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon garam masala
- 2 15-ounce cans tomato sauce
- 1/3 cup half and half or cream
- Dice the onion and place it in the bottom of your slow cooker. Remove the skins from the chicken (if not already skinless) and nestle the chicken thighs into the slow cooker on top of the onions. Top the chicken with the minced garlic, grated ginger, and the garam masala.
- Pour cans of tomato sauce over top of the chicken and spices. Place the lid on the slow cooker and cook for 4 hours on high or 8 hours on low.
- When it’s finished cooking, carefully remove the chicken thighs from the sauce and transfer them to a cutting board. Use two forks to shred the chicken and remove the bones.
- While the chicken is out of the pot, taste the sauce and add any salt or extra garam masala if desired. Once seasoned to your liking, stir in the half and half or cream.
- Return the shredded chicken meat to the pot and stir to combine. Serve the meat and sauce over rice.