- 8 ounces dry whole grain or gluten free pasta
- 4 tablespoons butter or coconut oil, divided
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium carrot, diced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- ½ medium yellow onion, minced
- 1 small red bell pepper, diced
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup frank’s red-hot sauce
- 3 large eggs, whisked
- Sliced avocado, for garnish
- Salt & pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Add pasta to a large stock pot and cover noodles with water. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Boil for 7-9 minutes until tender. Drain and set aside.
- Grease a Dutch oven or an 8-inch square glass baking dish with 2 tablespoons of the butter.
- In a large sauté pan over medium heat, melt the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter. Add the garlic, carrot, celery, onion, and bell pepper and cook for about 10 minutes, until the onion is translucent. Add the ground chicken, garlic powder, salt, and pepper and cook, using a wooden spatula to break up the chicken into small pieces, until the chicken is no longer pink, about 8 minutes.
- 6Remove the pan from the heat, then add the hot sauce and mix well to combine.
- Add the chicken mixture to the baking dish and mix well with the pasta. Add the whisked eggs and mix everything together until you can no longer see the eggs.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until the top forms a slight crust that doesn’t give when you press it in the middle.
- Garnish with avocado slices.