- 1 ¼ pound chicken breast, cooked and shredded
- 1 medium spaghetti squash, halved
- 1 rib celery, thinly sliced
- 1-2 green onions, white and green parts thinly sliced
- ¼ cup diced red bell pepper
- ½ cup frank’s red-hot sauce
To roast the squash:
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Slice both ends from squash and discard.
- Use a large knife to cut the squash in half lengthwise.
- Scoop seeds and stringy insides out using a large spoon.
- Place squash cut-side down on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes or until squash is tender. Baking time will depend on the size of your squash, larger squash requiring a longer cook time. When squash is tender, allow to cool slightly before using a fork to gently scrape the squash into a large bowl. Reserve the squash shells.
To cook the chicken:
- Place a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Add 1 teaspoon avocado or coconut oil and swirl pan to coat with the oil. Add chicken and ½ cup water. Once the water begins to simmer, reduce heat and cover. Cook chicken for 15-18 minutes or until cooked through. Move chicken to a cutting board to cool slightly before shredding with two forks.
To assemble the stuffed squash:
- Place squash shreds, chicken, celery, onions, peppers and hot sauce in a large bowl. Toss well to coat. Spoon squash mixture into the squash shells. Return the stuffed shells back to the baking sheet and place in 350°F oven for 10-15 minutes or until heated through.