- 8 ounces dry whole grain pasta
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts, pounded to even thickness
- ¼ cup flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- ½ cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 pound asparagus spears, ends trimmed
- 3 teaspoons minced garlic
- ⅓ cup shredded parmesan cheese
- Add pasta to a large stock pot and cover noodles with water. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Boil for 7-9 minutes until tender. Drain and set aside.
- Stir together flour, salt, and pepper. Dredge chicken breasts in the flour mixture to coat both sides.
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add chicken and cook on both sides 4-5 minutes until chicken is cooked through and browned on the outside. Transfer chicken to a cutting board and slice into strips or 1-inch cubes.
- Chop asparagus into 2-inch pieces. Add remaining butter to skillet and melt over medium heat. Add garlic, mushrooms, and asparagus and stir over medium heat 4-6 minutes until mushrooms and asparagus are tender.
- Stir in pasta and chicken and stir until noodles are heated. Stir in parmesan cheese.