- 1 ripe avocado
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 cup basil leaves
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ¼ cup nutritional yeast
- ¼ cup almond or other non-dairy milk
Pasta and Cream Base:
- 10 ounces dry pasta
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 ½ tablespoon olive oil
- 3 tablespoon flour
- 1¼ cup almond or other non-dairy milk
- Add ingredients for avocado sauce to high speed blender and blend until smooth. If not using a high-speed blender, you may need to pulse a few times and add in the full ½ cup of almond milk. Set avocado sauce aside.
- 2Prepare pasta according to package directions. Rinse and drain cooked pasta and return to pot.
- While pasta cooks, prepare sauce base. Sauté minced garlic in measured olive oil until fragrant, about 2 minutes. Add in flour and whisk to combine, ensuring no lumps form. Slowly add in almond milk a little at a time and whisk constantly over medium high heat. Sauce will thicken quickly. Once thickened, remove from heat, after about 2 minutes.
- Pour avocado mixture into sauce base and whisk to combine the two. Taste and add salt if needed. Pour sauce over cooked pasta and stir through to combine.