For the Pad Thai
- 2 chicken breasts, diced
- 4 ounces brown rice noodles
- 1 zucchini
- Half a yellow onion
- 2 carrots
- 6 Asparagus
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 egg, beaten
For the Sauce
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons chicken or vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon chili paste
- Place the uncooked noodles in a bowl of cold water to soak.
- Cut up the zucchini, onion, carrots and asparagus.
- Shake up the sauce ingredients in a jar.
- Heat a tablespoon of olive oil over medium high heat. Add the chicken – stir fry with tongs for 6-8 minutes or until tender-crisp. Add in vegetables – stir fry with tongs for 2-3 minutes. Be careful not to overcook them – they’ll get soggy and heavy. Transfer to a dish and set aside.
- Add another tablespoon of olive oi to the pan. Drain the noodles – they should be softened by now. Add the noodles to the hot pan and stir fry for a minute, using tongs to toss. Add the sauce and stir fry for another minute or two, until the sauce is starting to thicken and stick to the noodles. Push the noodles aside to make a little room for the egg – pour the beaten egg into the pan and let it sit for 30 seconds or so. Toss everything around with the tongs. The egg mixture will stick to the noodles and everything will start getting sticky.
- Add in the chicken and vegetables, toss together, and remove from heat.