- 4 portobello mushroom caps, stems removed, washed and dried with a paper towel
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- ¾ cup pizza sauce
- 1 ½ cups mozzarella cheese, sliced
- 6 pepperoni pieces, sliced
- Preheat oven to broil setting on high heat. Arrange oven shelf to the middle of your oven.
- Combine the oil and garlic together in a small bowl. Brush the bottoms of each mushroom with the garlic oil mixture and place each mushroom, oil side down, on a lightly greased baking tray.
- Fill each mushroom with 2 tablespoons of the pizza sauce per cap, one slice of mozzarella cheese and 3 pepperonis. Broil until cheese has melted and is golden in color about 8 minutes.