- 1 ½ pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 9 ounces chicken Andouille sausage, sliced
- 1 cup onions, chopped
- ½ cup carrots, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1 14.5 ounce can diced tomatoes
- 3 ounces tomato paste
- ½ cup tomato sauce
- 1 ¾ teaspoons Creole seasoning
- Dash of cayenne pepper
- 3 scallions, chopped
- 3 cups cooked rice, for serving
- Place all of ingredients in the slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or high for 3-4 hours.
- Shred the chicken and add it back to the slow cooker. Evenly distribute the creole among 6 bowls and top each with green onions.
- Serve over rice.