- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 1 small yellow onion
- 3 to 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 heaping cup red cabbage, chopped
- ½ cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, or to taste
- 3 green onions sliced into thin rounds, for garnishing
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, optional for garnishing
- To a large skillet add the oils, chicken, and cook over medium-high heat until done, about 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add the onions and cook for about 5 minutes or until tender.
- Add the garlic, ginger, and cook for about 1 minute, or until fragrant.
- Add the red cabbage, evenly drizzle the soy sauce, add the pepper, stir to combine, and cook for about 5 minutes, or until cabbage is wilted and tender.
- Evenly sprinkle with green onions and optional sesame seeds.