- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 8 cups chopped kale
- ¼ cup water
- 2 cups shredded or diced cooked chicken
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 10 ounce can red enchilada sauce (I used homemade enchilada sauce – Check out the recipe on my blog!)
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 2-3 tablespoons minced
- 12 corn tortillas
- ¾ cup diced white onion, divided
- 1 ½ cups shredded Mexican blend cheese, divided
- Salt & pepper
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Heat oil in a large cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat. Add kale and water; cook, stirring, until bright green and wilted, about 2 minutes. Stir in chicken, cumin, salt and pepper; cook for 1 minute more. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Combine enchilada sauce, sour cream and chipotles to taste in a small bowl. Spread ½ cup of the mixture in the pan. Place 4 tortillas over the sauce, overlapping them to cover the bottom. Top with half the chicken mixture, ¼ cup onion and ½ cup cheese. Layer on half the remaining sauce, 4 tortillas, the remaining chicken, ¼ cup onion and ½ cup cheese. Top with the remaining tortillas, sauce and cheese.
- Bake the enchiladas until bubbling, 12 to 15 minutes.