- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 15 ounce can chickpeas, rinsed
- ⅓ cup buttermilk
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- 10 cups chopped kale
- ¼ cup water
- 1 ¼ pounds wild salmon
- Salt & pepper
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Combine 1 tablespoon oil, paprika and ¼ teaspoon salt in a medium bowl. Very thoroughly pat chickpeas dry, then toss with the paprika mixture. Spread on a rimmed baking sheet. Bake the chickpeas on the upper rack, stirring twice, for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, puree buttermilk, mayonnaise, herbs, ¼ teaspoon pepper and garlic powder in a blender until smooth. Set aside.
- Heat the remaining 1 tablespoon oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add kale and cook, stirring occasionally, for 2 minutes. Add water and continue cooking until the kale is tender, about 5 minutes more. Remove from heat.
- Remove the chickpeas from the oven and push them to one side of the pan. Place salmon on the other side and season with the remaining ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper. Bake until the salmon is just cooked through, 5 to 8 minutes.
- Drizzle the dressing on the salmon and serve with the kale and chickpeas.
- Serve over pasta or rice.