- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1-pound chicken breast tenders cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 ½ tablespoons butter
- 4 cloves garlic chopped
- 2 shallots chopped
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- ½ cup white wine
- 1 lemon juiced
- 1 cup chicken broth or stock
- 3 tablespoons capers, drained
- ½ cup flat-leaf parsley chopped
- 1-pound pasta cooked to al dente
- Salt & pepper
- Heat a nonstick skillet over medium high heat.
- Add a tablespoon of extra-virgin olive oil and the chicken to the pan. Season chicken with salt and pepper. Brown chicken until lightly golden all over, about 5 to 6 minutes. Remove chicken from pan and return the skillet to the heat.
- Reduce heat to medium. Add another tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil and 1 tablespoon butter, the garlic and shallots to the skillet. Sauté garlic and shallots for 3 minutes.
- Add flour and cook 2 minutes. Whisk in wine and reduce liquid 1 minute.
- Whisk lemon juice and broth into sauce.
- Stir in capers and parsley.
- When the liquid comes to a bubble, add remaining ½ tablespoon butter to the sauce to give it a little shine.
- Add chicken back to the pan and heat through, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Toss hot pasta with chicken and sauce and serve.