- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1 tablespoons cilantro leaves chopped
- 1 lime juiced
- 4 canned chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 1 tablespoon adobo sauce
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ tablespoon brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
Shrimp Burrito Bowl
- 1-pound raw shrimp, peeled, deveined and tails removed
- 2 bell peppers sliced into thin strips
- 1 cup corn
- ½ red onion, finely minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Cheddar cheese shredded
- Guacamole (Check out my homemade recipe!)
- Combine all the chipotle marinade ingredients in a food processor, puree until smooth.
- Place the shrimp and the marinade into a Ziploc bag and marinate in the fridge until ready to grill.
- Combine the cooked rice, lime juice and cilantro. Stir to combine and set aside.
Chipotle Shrimp Bowl
- Heat a grill pan or skillet over medium heat. once hot, add 1 tablespoon of olive oil and grill the veggies until crisp tender. Remove the peppers from the heat and set aside.
- Add additional 1 tablespoon of olive oil to the grill pan. once the oil is hot, add the shrimp and cook for 3 minutes on each side, or until no longer pink inside. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Build your bowl with the cilantro rice on the bottom, corn, red onion, peppers and shrimp.
- Top with lettuce, cheese and guacamole.